Friday, March 15, 2019

The Best Things in [Second] Life Are Free!

So, success...

Lilith and Samael of Zamargad achieved their goal of packing up countless prims and pieces of their homestead sim, logging all the building coordinates, downsizing to the smallest parcel on Zamargad (where our store used to be), and making the ground not only palatable for possible neighbors (but us as well)!  ZI is phenomenal!

We even followed thru on honoring our Dedicated Batling Promotion, and updated the webby a bit too.

I've also been working really hard lately to try and make some L$ in SL because of my current RL financial budget.  I diligently spent all day playing Alienum to make at least L$200!

...But wouldn't you know I had to take a break and go to Toady's awesome scripting class?  I didn't even know such a wonderful building teacher (of almost 12 years) would let us in on such trade secrets!  And just between you and me, Toady never turns away a student for lack of funds.  That's a REAL teacher, someone who leads by example with virtue.

My ♥ to you, Toady!

Beth Odets



And after that, my awesome friend, Beth Odets, just happened to be doing a show with Bat Masters (and some other lady I'm not too familiar with, sorry)!  WheEeEe!!  Bethie is my hero!  I love all of her songs, but I particularly love "Pinnochio" and "Meaty White Stallion" LOL!

Beth Odets rocks!

...Now I asked Beth if it would be okay to go to her show to support her, even tho I really don't have any L$ for a tip.  At first, I got a typical facetious Beth answer of something like, "What?  You have no money?  No, you mean nothing to me now!  ...LOL."  But she reassured me like a million times, that if it ever got to be that bad, all I had to do was ask her and she'd even give me some L$ to tip the venue.  ...I'm just so very, like, "wow," and grateful for all the wonderful and kind friends I have in SL!

Simon Linden sat down next to me!



And you know something?  I'm very glad I went.  Because Simon Linden decided to show up again!  And he fucking sat right next to me OMG!!!

And although I'm pretty sure it was to sit somewhere and maybe control lag... We still smokem peace pipe together, wewt!

Simon Linden & I


I've touched his hat before, but I had to do it again!  LOL

Not only that, but I studied his profile again.

He likes DarkStar too!  That's what inspired my butterfly dome!  
...Too bad that place is gone now(?), OMG, I just found that out when I saw the "Loading..." pick of it in his profile!  *inserts a HUGE sad face here*




Whatever you do, don't touch his hat!



It's weird seeing a Linden, like almost seeing the president or the king or something!  Here's a pic of him actually walking on water (LMAO, at the Surfside Hideaway)!  But I know that for real, he probably just goes to shows to relax and unwind.  Maybe be more at one with the residents.  We all laughed together, and had a great time.




Simon Linden Bear


Afterward, I was inspired to visit Denby.  I found all kinds of fun things at his house there, like a "SL Population Meter" that I was able to snag a copy of... A funny object that counted the mere time someone last mentioned "Sansar" ...And even found myself on a "Simon Linden Bear" hunt!


I tell you what... hunting for that rare bear took me to a few different awesome places, and I REALLY enjoyed that hunt very, very much!  



So I wanted to let you know that it is worth it.  There are definitely priceless things you can find for free in SL.  It's not all about snobbery, money, and tunnel vision.  It's about the spirit of things.  You just have to know where to look for these treasures.  

...But I still don't know how I got so lucky...  Thank you!  ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment