Saturday, January 14, 2023

Google-able


Think you're Google-able?  Well, you've been Foolgled!
Google is frustrating me lately and makes me pissed.

Yes, Blogger is, ironically, a Google thing.

...Allow me to back up a bit and start this story properly...

I met Arkad Baxton, a really cool guy who ran the Avatar Social Network site, a little before I started this blogging journey, back in 2018.  He taught me a lot about business-related things (from how to advertise things I sell in SL, to even using Grammarly).  

Rosie the Riveter
Most importantly, he taught me about Pinging.  Imagine my surprise when this blog that I created, originally intended for a simple adoption application, suddenly became searchable on Google ...just from just using Ping-o-Matic

#TodayIsBroughtToYouBy na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na YES, WE CAN!  \m/

...Yup, "Notes From Majik..." was rank 1 when you searched for it on Google.  I was even comparing those results to Bixyl Shuftan's SL Newser, which also uses Blogger and has been around way longer.

As time went on, I was also encouraged to use Facebook and Twitter to help secure these results.  It worked.

However, about six months to a year or so ago, I started to notice how this blog wasn't rank 1 anymore when I searched for it on Google.  In fact, it stopped showing up in the search results at all.  I wasn't worried, tho.  I believed that maybe I had just gotten too busy in RL and needed to ping it some more, and it would fix itself.  That is how I fixed the Zamargad Wix site, back when Angels and Demons were coming up as rank 1, in a search for "Zamargad." 

But after about a month of pinging, with no satisfactory results, I knew something was very wrong.  So I started my research as to WTF it could be.  

One thing was for sure, Google turned this into a complicated nightmare, where I had to make and associate a Google Analytics thing.  0.o  Even named it "Under His Eye" as a sick Handmaid's Tale joke ...out of resentment, really.  xD

Well behaved women don't make history
Still nothing.

I kinda thought I was a nerd, but it's not like Google explains things very clearly.  And fuck me for thinking I could find layman-friendly videos on how to write blogs for SEO optimization, as nobody seems to write from the heart anymore (it's all done by keyword programs and filler)!  Color me "dumbfounded."  ...I still can not figure out why the fuck this thing is coming up in every other search engine BUT Google.  Even searched for variables like, "notes from MajikVixen" or "notes from MajikVixen Lorefield" to absolutely no avail.  Second Life things come up, of course, but not "Notes From Majik..."

At this point, I have frustratedly thrown money at this problem, hoping to make it go away.  Yes, I talent-scouted someone from Fiverr to have a look at whatever the fuck is wrong ...as I would rather go down as an idiot (who can only go so far with their knowledge of HTML), than someone who gives up on everything completely (on something they didn't realize would become their brainchild)!  :)  

Fiverr is an interesting experience, as I've never used it and had only heard of it, up until this point.  I'm hoping everything that's been done, will work in about a month or so (as these things do take some time, unfortunately).  ...Wix makes SEO stuff so much easier than Blogger, TBH.  Anyway... If you happened to find this thru a Google search, perhaps wondering how it can be done with your site, I would like to refer you to ---> Alina @ https://www.fiverr.com/alina_seo?source=inbox, as she's the uber-awesome, amazeballs badass who helped reconfigure everything so that it could be put back into Google!  \m/

Meanwhile, I've been writing and making new entries like crazy, not only because it's a new year and all that  :) ... but also because I'm hoping it will somehow help to trigger something, in whatever FUBAR search engine optimization algorithm thing that Google did, to function once again.  

Why writing and sharing is so important
Very therapeutic too.  I had forgotten how much I love to write ...And there's nothing like a bad experience to piss you off enough to want to vacate the animosity from within you, like writing.  Plus, others benefit from reading your shit too ...if you're good enough.  :p

And if all that ends up being for nothing, I have one more ace up the sleeve recourse before I have to clean up broken shards, from a fit of my own rage!  xD  ...I almost forgot that I, thankfully, know a web designer who will give me a snippet of code, if Google continues to not behave after Alina kicked its ass.

I have also found in my research, that Google is actually not the optimal search engine anymore (no matter how cool it is to type "do a barrel roll" into it).  It's so filled with spam that the artificial intelligence won't give accurate search results.  ...I didn't even notice, TBH.  I have an ad-blocker extension and have always seen complaints about Google (although, now I'm starting to take them more seriously).  ...Before anyone wonders, tho, no, I'm still avoiding putting ads on here.  Money has never been my motivation, prestige always has.  But yeah, it's gotten so bad that, apparently, adding "/reddit" to your search, is a legitimate workaround for getting real results now, which is kinda sad.  And something else I finally came across is the refined web search protocol ...Not that it would necessarily work on Google anymore (because I guess Google is as vast as the internet has become, and "now the internet has become full of shit"), but, it seems to come in handy on thesaurus.com's new drop-down auto-fill menu bullshit.  >:S

At any rate, technology has uncontrollably changed yet again ...for the "better" of humanity... but really, only to fuck us in the ass repeatedly.  xD  ...Not going down without a fight, tho.  As always, "Rock the First Amendment.  Piss on discrimination."  ...Whoever you are and wherever you're from, thank you for reading what I have to say in this little sanctuary on the world wide web.  I love passing notes to you (and would even enjoy some notes passed back, from time to time).  You are always welcome here, and I hope you enjoy, or are at least somewhat amused, by the ideas I present (and how).  :p  ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment